Alphabet writing practice is a printable dictionary for kids to learn the alphabet, letter identification, letter sounds and handwriting.
This Picture Dictionary takes a learning-by-doing approach to introducing and reinforcing letters and letter sounds by pairing each with words, pictures and sentences!
It is also very repetitive, which is an approach taken by many Reading Recovery and Literacy Specialists. It’s a perfect resource to help build strong literacy skills from the start!
What is included:
There are 3 versions of My Picture Dictionary:
- Beginning readers/writers
- Emergent readers/writers
- Fluent readers writers
- Each version is geared towards differentiating in your classroom
- Word Wall words are also included! (8 words for each letter on little cards)
There are 4 steps to take for each letter within 2 pages:
· Brainstorm 3-5 words that begin with the letter.
· Draw pictures of each of the words
· Choose your favorite word and draw a picture ABOUT the word
· Write a sentence(s) with the word(s)
***Also included are 6 options for the cover page of the dictionary!***
How can you use this Resource:
· Guided writing
· Building imperative early literacy skills
· Literacy centers
· Morning work
· Remedial work
· Whatever else you choose!